7 Ways You Can Pray For Your 4X4
If you’re like me, or your family is like the Kyser family, you now have a 4x4 block of wood on your kitchen table as a daily reminder to pray for 4 individuals and 4 families 4 times a week for 4 weeks.
So what are you praying for? Here are 7 Ways you can pray for them this week:
1. Pray Ephesians 1:3-6 for them – that they would be among those God has chosen to adopt into His family, not because of any goodness in them, but because He alone is good.
2. Pray Ephesians 1:7-10, 13 for them – that God would make known to them the mystery of His will through His Gospel Call that goes out through the faithful preaching of His Word. Pray they would come to The Village, especially this Easter, (or some Gospel-centered church), where they will hear the preaching of the Gospel. Pray that the Gospel Call would be used to evoke an inward call in them – that their ears would be opened to hear the mystery of the Gospel and would have a desire to respond.
3. Pray Ephesians 2:4-5 for them – that God would regenerate their hearts, doing for them what they can’t do for themselves – making their hearts come alive to Him and the things of Him.
4. Pray Ephesians 1:13 for them – that God would grant them the will to repent and believe in the Gospel and be converted, and that through that they would have new affections and desires for Jesus.
5. Pray Ephesians 2:8-9 for them – that they would be justified by faith alone through grace alone in Christ alone – and that they would see and understand that the righteousness of Jesus is gifted to them, by faith, as they trust in Him.
6. Pray Ephesians 1:11-12 for them – that as they are justified, to the praise of His glory, they become more and more sanctified – reflecting more and more of His glory as they begin to walk with Him.
7. Pray Ephesians 1:14 for them – that they would have so much affection for Jesus, that they would look forward in anticipation to the day they are glorified together with Him, enjoying all the inheritance they have in Him.
What are you praying for for the people on your 4X4?
Praying all this and more together with you this week for the people on our 4x4.
More in Community Blog
February 2, 2019Five Things to Know This Month: February 2019
January 16, 2019Women's Spring Bible Study 2019
January 2, 2019Five Things to Know This Month: January 2019