Cross Training @ The Village
Cross Training is just a week away! This informational email has already gone out once, and is meant to make sure everyone is set for our first gathering, Wednesday night, September 7th, 6:30-8:30pm.
Attached you’ll find a couple of documents and links that will be critical to review before our first gathering. Her’s what you need to KNOW and DO:
- First, please visit our website and check out our Cross-Training page to make sure you get a more robust understanding of Cross-Traininng before you arrive on the 7th.
- Second, please review the Cross-Training Schedule attached to make sure you calendar all the dates for our gatherings over the next 10 months. This is a long-term commitment, and we want to ensure everyone is ready to engage the entire process. Each class will be on the 1st Wednesday of the month. Because of the nature of the class, we’re asking that participants miss no more than 2 sessions over the next 10 months.
- Third, if you have not yet done so, stop by the HUB this Sunday and pick up a copy of your Cross-Training Binder from Chris Krusiewicz, as well as a copy of “Christian Beliefs” by Wayne and Elliott Grudem. This will be our primary text for the Systematic Theology section of our training. We may not have enough copies of “Christian Beliefs” to accommodate everyone this Sunday. If you’d like to order one on your own, click one of the Amazon links here to order it yourself.
- Last, please sign up for the Cross-Training group on The City! All future communication will be coming through The City.
Here are the assignments you need to have completed before you come September 7th:
- Read chapters 1-2 in Christian Beliefs titled, “What Is The Bible” and “What Is God Like.” After reading each chapter, complete the corresponding questions in Section 1 of your Cross-Training Binder titled, “Theological Clarity & Application.” You’ll see that the chapters in the binder correspond to the chapters in the book. Make sure to engage the Scripture memory and Praying Scripture sections in each chapter as well. These questions will help you process with the rest of your cohort in our group gatherings, so please engage them thoughtfully.
- Read the additional article in Section 2 of your Cross-Training Binder titled, “Playing with Fire.” by Walt Russell. This will complement your reading in Christian Beliefs for the month. Concepts in the article will be engaged on the 7th.
- Read chapter 1 in “Spiritual Disciplines For The Christian Life” by Donald S. Whitney. Engage the question on pg. 38 and be ready to discuss in our group gathering on the 7th.
We will answer more questions on the 7th and help you get an even better understanding of Cross-Training and the process we’re engaging.
Pastor Andy and I so look forward to being with you all on the 7th, and over the next 10 months.